The Ligne d´Azur Régie has embarked on a process of verification by AFNOR of the health measures implemented in the context of COVID-19.
What does this process consist of?
It is based on a repository of best practices in preventing the risk of spreading the virus. Each site welcoming travelers as well as the buses and trams were audited. They have all obtained a level of compliance allowing them to obtain the "Covid-19 sanitary measures" label.
The sanitary measures remain in force and can be viewed below.
Code of conduct on the Lignes d'Azur network
- Even vaccinated, wearing a mask is compulsory in transport. To be effective the mask must cover the nose and mouth.
- Maintain a distance of 1 meter as far as possible
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water or hydroalcoholic gel
- Respect barrier gestures
- Do not take public transport if you have symptoms of COVID-19
It is imperative to remain vigilant in the face of the Covid-19 epidemic: all the information on the government page.
Anticipate the purchase of transport tickets
- In the Online Agency section
- On the phone (more information by clicking here)
- In the Ticket Distributors present on the platforms
- In Lines of Azur points of sale (list available by clicking here)
- In commercial agencies (list available by clicking here)
A tracking system has been set up within the branches and hotlines in order to respect the safety distances. Wearing a mask is compulsory in all Lignes d'Azur points of sale.
We remind you that to travel in good standing, you must be in possession of a valid ticket. Checks are in progress.
Continuation of measures initiated by the Lignes d'Azur network:
- The anti-aggression windows of the buses are raised to protect the drivers.
- Bus and tram doors are always open at each stop.
- The disinfection of buses and trams is carried out daily and several times a day with virucidal products.
- Prioritize the regulation of direct debit rejection or the payment of fines by mail or on our website under "buy" then "online agency".
Following the health measures related to the COVID-19 pandemic, a period of 15 days from the date of the offense is granted in order to settle the fine without additional administrative costs. Click here to pay your fine.